I logged in today to do some work on a client’s Facebook page today and while I was editing the page I happened to notice the admins section had a little dropdown menu to assign different roles to page admins.
There are 5 roles to choose from and more privileges are lost as you move down the list.
- Manager – The Manager can manage admin roles, send messages and create posts as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Content Creator – The Content Creator can edit the Page, send messages and create posts as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Moderator – The Moderator can respond to and delete comments on the Page, send messages as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Advertiser – The Advertiser can create ads and view insights.
- Insights Analyst – The Insights Analyst can only view insights.
It will be nice to delegate certain abilities to employees or even clients. Allowing clients access to see only insights while your run their page is a great way to prove social media work is returning a positive ROI.
Even though this feature has taken far too long to show up in the admin panel I’m glad that it’s finally here.