As Junior Copywriter at First Scribe, you will be a key member of a growing department that helps clients of all sizes in a wide range of industries better engage with their target audience.
First Scribe is a full-service digital agency with many challenging projects that often include developing new brand messaging strategies and writing entire websites from scratch. To excel as a copywriter at First Scribe, you must be creative and technically proficient with the ability to rapidly switch from one task to the next.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping clients improve their brands by writing engaging website copy in conjunction with thoughtfully crafted brand messaging strategies
- Expanding client reach by researching and creating targeted blog posts and social media content
- Promoting ongoing growth by developing and executing content calendars
Because you’ll be writing for a digital agency, we’ll also need you to hone your marketing skills, including:
- Performing keyword research
- Creating and implementing title tags and meta descriptions
- Using analytics and reporting on a variety of metrics
- Strong grammatical proficiency that allows you to spot every typo, grammatical mistake, spelling error, run-on sentence, and dangling participle
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Attention to detail that’s second to none
- Mastery of diction and syntax that made your high school English teachers and college professors blush
- And, of course, you’ll need to be well-versed in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 1-year of successful writing experience for websites or blogs (freelance and personal experience accepted)
- Degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience writing in an agency setting
- Experience with WordPress and/or Magento
- Salary plus Medical and Dental Benefits
- 401(k) and life insurance
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team of top web professionals
- Challenging and rewarding career growth
- Excellent working environment
If you believe you fit these qualifications; we’d love to hear from you. LOCAL inquires only please.
For priority consideration, please complete the application form in its entirety. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
We will be accepting applications through February 25th. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and will contact qualified candidates to set up an interview.