Why our stated hourly rate is increasing - and why that's a good thing for our clients
As of February 1, 2019, First Scribe’s hourly rate increased. As a company committed to transparency and honesty, we discuss below the rationale and benefits behind this decision.
Why our rates have increased
The decision to raise prices is never an easy one. It's a delicate balance between profitability and client retention. After thorough analysis, we determined the need for our rates to increase based on the following:
- Investment in new technology and tools - We are committed to having the most proven, cutting-edge tools at our disposal to give our clients every advantage possible. Over the past year, we have invested thousands of dollars in new technology and software that will help us be more efficient and help our clients get better results.
- Investment in more experienced programmers - To meet the complex technical requirements of today's websites, we only hire the most experienced and most qualified programmers, including one of Minnesota's only Magento Certified Plus developers.
- Investment in our current team in the face of labor shortage and incredible market demands - In today's job market, retaining highly skilled employees is expensive but cost-efficient for both us and our clients in the long run. On average, our programmers have almost ten years of real-world development experience.
These investments and our continued commitment to growth and success were the primary factors in our decision to raise our rates. Fortunately for our clients, these decisions come with many lasting, positive benefits.
Why higher rates are good for our clients
At first glance, charging more may not seem like a good thing for our clients, but remember the old adage "you get what you pay for." This couldn't be more true in the highly competitive world of the internet. Here's why our clients will benefit from higher rates:
- Lower total project costs - More experienced programmers complete jobs in fraction of the time. Therefore, although the hourly cost will be higher, the total project cost will be lower because of increased efficiency.
- Faster turnaround time - With the better programmers on the job, we can complete your project faster and with fewer bugs that require additional development time prior to launch.
- Better results - With more advanced tools, better technology, and the better talent, we bring you the best long-term results for your project.
We recommend clients plan out their projects in advance and bundle where possible. It will always be cheaper to combine two projects together than to complete two projects several months apart.
If you have questions about our new rates, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to continuing to provide all our clients with the best service and the best ROI possible.